**Please note: Prior to bringing an animal in, you must call the shelter to determine what impounding area the pet was found so prior authorization can be obtained from that City or Township. Thank you!
If you have found a stray animal, please do the following:
If you have lost your pet, please call the Lakes Area Humane Society at 320-759-2260 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
· Your name and phone number.
· Name of your pet.
· The pet’s breed(s) and color(s) and any distinguishing marks, etc.
· Pet’s sex and if he/she has been spayed/neutered.
· Any collars/tags your pet is wearing.
· Whether or not your pet is microchipped.
· What address your pet went missing.
· How long ago did the pet go missing.
You can also email pictures of your missing pet or send one to LAHS via messenger to our Facebook page.
You should also call the following places to notify them that your pet is missing:
· All of your surrounding neighbors.
· Your local law enforcement.
· Area veterinary clinics.
· Other humane societies in nearby cities/counties.
You can also post your missing pet on the following Facebook pages: Alexandria (or your local) MN Lost/Found Pets, MN Lost Dogs and MN Lost Cats. Another good on-line resource is www.pawboost.com, to list your missing pet.
We will keep your information on file and will notify you in the event your pet is found. If your pet is still missing in 2 weeks of your original call, please call and let us know so we can update our lost report.
Stray animals that have been brought to the shelter are listed below. Please note that a delay may occur after pictures are entered into our shelter software system and before they are uploaded to this site. Due to this, it is important to call the shelter to report your missing pet even if he/she isn't pictured below.
Copyright © 2024 Lakes Area Humane Society - All Rights Reserved.